OCTK-L Archives

Archiver > OCTK > 2009-07 > 1248701558

From: "Rex Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: [OCTK] Roll Call--------- Juliet Cantrell WINDLE
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:32:38 -0500

I can't give you the exact info you seek but maybe something to give you a
start. Joseph Hawkins Windle (1778-1840) married Joanna Goad Sevier,
daughter of John Seiver (1st gov. of TN) and his second wife, Catherine
Sherrill. The time frame would be right for your Juliett to be a daughter
of them but if not that then at least related. I know of two daughters,
Mary Windle (b. ca 1817) married Alfred C. Sevier (GS of John Sevier and his
1st wife Sarah Hawkins) and Ruth Vertner Windle (b. ca 1819) who married
Nelson Davis. Ruth V. Windle Davis is my GG GM. Her daughter , my G GM,
Amanda Belle Davis married James Alfred Abston, son of Lipscomb P. Abston
who had married Amanda Sevier, the dau of Alfred C. Sevier and Ruth Windle.
I am not sure whether these intermarriages are the reason I'm sort of crazy
or it is the trying to follow the crazy genealogy that ensues because of it.

Rex Phillips - Dallas