OH-ROLLCALL-L Archives

Archiver > OH-ROLLCALL > 2003-01 > 1043719134

From: "Diane Kittle" <>
Subject: [OH-ROLLCALL] HENRY, CALDWELL, BURGEY, ROBERTS, KELLEY, GEER,
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:58:54 -0500

My GGrandfather - Harry Harrison Henry b. 26 Oct. 1872 in Somerford Twp.
Madison Co., OH, m. Stella Brown, who was born in Belmont Co. to William
Brown and Mariah Burgey. Harry and Stella were married in Franklin Co., OH
abt. 1895, and Harry died 13 June 1935 Gallia Co., OH, Harry's siblings
were: William, Elmer Edward m. Mary Mitchell Baker, and Emma Evaline (Evie)
Henry m. Issac Colwell or Caldwell. All his siblings were born in either
Madison, Franklin, or Pickaway Co., OH.

Harry's father was Enoch Henry b. 30 Sep 1842, served in the Civil War
1861-1865 with his brother Madison and cousin (?) Daniel. Enoch m. Melissa
Ann Bettes' 7 March 1865 in Franklin Co., OH, and he d. 26 Aug. 1875 in
Madison Co., OH at age 32. Enoch lived in Pickaway and Franklin Co. most of
his life, His siblings: Madison who married first Mary Kelley of Franklin
Co., OH and after her death, Tabitha Geer Roberts Henry (a widow), and other
siblings which I know nothing about except for their names - Julia, George,
William H., James, Amanda, and Martha (Mattie).

Enoch was the son of a George Henry who was b. abt. 1808 in Pickaway Co.,
OH, and m. Nancy (?). George listed his parents place of birth in 5
separate censuses as Virginia. He d. 12 March 1886 Franklin Co., OH but I
have never found the cemeter where George and Nancy were buried or even a
death certificate for Nancy.

I've found George in either Pickaway or Franklin Co. Ohio in the U.S. Census
from 1850 until 1880, just 6 yrs. prior to his death but have had no luck
finding him, marriage info, or parental info prior to 1850. He states he
was born in Pickaway Co., OH in 1808 and that his parents were born in
Virginia. He is often next door, close to, or has living with him, a
William, Enoch, and/or Daniel. They lived in either Clinton and/or Mifflin
Twp., Franklin Co., OH or Scioto Twp., Pickaway Co., OH and the only other
Henry's in their home or next door were Henry's by the names of Daniel,
William, Christopher, Enoch, Isaac, and Moses. A woman in London, OH,
Madison Co., says that George had family in Warren and Gallia County, Ohio?
Don't know that there is any truth to this although Harry was buried in
Gallia Co., Ohio for some reason. I do know that according to the Pickaway
Co., OH Genealogical Society that some Henry's along with numerous other
families, Renick, Amintage, Green, etc. formed a wagon train in the early
1800's and a lot of them settled in Illinois.

If anyone sees any possible connection, puleeeeease let me know. Thanks.

This thread: