OHCUYAHO-L Archives

Archiver > OHCUYAHO > 2002-09 > 1030984239

From: "Regina Szekely" <>
Subject: [OHCUYAHO] Re: Abortion Question
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:31:07 -0400

I too hve been searching for information concerning the issue of abortion.
My grandmother died in 1934, in Cleveland, OH., on her death cert. the
cause of death is listed as:"General Sepsis of the Uterus - Abortion". On
the next line something is handwritten in (two words, which I can't make
out) followed on the next line by: "31/2 months."
Listed under the heading Contributory Causes are the typed in words: Pelvic
Peritonitis.
Remembering that this era was durning the Great Depression, I am incline to
believe that this may have been a self induced abortion, as the family was
Catholic.
Her death cert. also indicates that an autopsy was preformed.
Does anyone know who I would contact to get a copy of that that autopsy?
Thanks for any insight that anyone can share with me.
Regina