OHGREENE-L Archives

Archiver > OHGREENE > 2009-09 > 1252196453

From: "Robert L. Webb" <>
Subject: Re: [OHGREENE] Oglesby tombstone repair
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 00:20:53 GMT

In answer to the question regarding how to repair a tablet or "slab" tombstone, about 2' high, or whatever size, for that matter, I have done quite a bit of that kind of repairs, having restored a cemetery (or still in the process of doing so), in Hancock county, Illinois. I followed the advice and detailed instructions of several different professional pioneer cemetery restoration experts, and have used Mastico epoxy to repair the stones, and one of the mortar mixes for cosmetic. I also made cement bases with slots in them for about twenty stones, and have mortared them into place in their new bases. If you would like to see some of my work, you can go to the following webpage:
http://www.carthage.lib.il.us/community/churches/primbap/CemeteryRestorationPhotos.html
Most of the stones on this page were broken. I can provide you with more information if you wish, about purchasing the epoxy, its use, etc. And I can give you the links for several of the restoration websites.
Robert

Get 3 Roof Quotes Quick
Request 3 quotes from up to 3 local pre-screened roof contractors.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=rAjWvH8LORxKLOKlXb_dhQAAJ1BXQ8R5NrsTs4BRiSU3j6OtAAQAAAAFAAAAAKeHgj4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB3iGAAAAAA==

This thread: