OHHAMILT-L Archives

Archiver > OHHAMILT > 2004-12 > 1102699671

From: "Pat Jones" <>
Subject: Re: [OH-HAMILT] German foods
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:27:51 -0500

I listen and read all your foods and they sound like the foods my dad's
amish/menno families had in Holmes Co OH. I remember the first time I
opened the oven door to see a cow's tongue, heart or brain just there to be
tended to. I know dad loved it. I could just never eat it. I do make some
of those foods like the liver/onions for family, I am just not into to the
organ part of a critter.
I still love my rib sticking foods. I kept the bakery listed on one of
the messages. We have no more bakeries here in our small town. What a
treat it was to just walk up town and get our moon pies to bring home and
then we women would indulge ourselves with those and some good coffee with
real cream and of course plenty of gossip.
Have a good one and have a good holiday season. I will be signing off
shortly to prepare for the annual FL trip. We will get a month in this yr
to be bk in time for another grandchild due in Cin. Our son may live in
NKY, but he is a buckeye through & through. Okay he is a Browns' fan as
well. That is because I was b. in Cleveland and that is what he was taught.
He is such a fish out of water with the Cin teams. And he has a friend that
is the opposite, living in Cleveland and a Bengal/Reds fan.
Pat Jones

This thread: