OHHAMILT-L Archives

Archiver > OHHAMILT > 2005-03 > 1109788504

From: "mcnabbuc" <>
Subject: descendancy report of Johann Borges
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:35:04 -0500

Donald Cavlert (at the very end of the list) was my grandfather. Descendants of Johann ended up on both sides of the river. If anyone has any questions or thinks they may be related, please do contact me! Thanks.

LeeAnn McNabb

Cincinnati, Ohio

Descendants of Johann Borges

Generation No. 1

1. JOHANN1 BORGES was born Abt. 1804 in Hanover. He married (1) ELIZABETH BOSTERMANN. She died Abt. 1849. He married (2) MARY MEIROSSE September 18, 1849 in Covington, Kentucky, USA. She was born Abt. 1827 in Dauwma, Germany, and died April 1902 in Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for JOHANN BORGES:

Addresses: 156 E. 12th and 160 E. 12th

1860 census - Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky

John Borgers, age 56, Laborer, Hanover

Mary, age 32, Oldenburg

John, age 15, Kentucky

Frances, age 13, Kentucky

Louisa, 9, Kentucky

Richard, 7, Kentucky

Herman, 9/12, Kentucky

1880 Census - Covington, Kenton, Kentucky - 1st Ward

John Burgis, 73, Hanover, Laborer, Hanover, Hanover

Mary Burgis, 52, Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Oldenburg

Richard Burgis, 28, Kentucky, Brick Moulder

Harmon Burgis, 21, Kentucky, Works in Rolling Mill

Barney Burgis, 20, Kentucky, Laborer

William Burgis, 17, Kentucky, Works in Brickyard

More About JOHANN BORGES:

Burial: September 01, 1901, Mother of God Church, Covington, Kentucky

Religion: St. Joseph's Church; Religion: Catholic

Notes for MARY MEIROSSE:

KENTUCKY POST, 16 APR 1902, page 1:

"BURY SON AND MOTHER TOGETHER - Devoted to his aged mother , Mary Borges, 74, of 156 East Twelfth Street, Covington, who died Tuesday, Herman Borges, 45, broke down immediately and a t 8 o'clock Wednesday passed away.

He had nursed his mother attentively for weeks, and the strain became apparent a week ago, but he bravely held out. The shock and reaction were too much, and he sank rapidly immediately after her death. They will be buried together."

"My Last Will and Testament

In the name of God, Amen.

I, Mary Borges, a widow, being at present of sound mind and disposing memory and realizing the uncertainty of this life, do therefore declare and publish this as and for my last Will and Testament, in the manner and form as follows to wit:

Item 1st

I direct that all my just and lawful debts be paid out of my Estate by my Executrix, herein after named, as soon as practicable after my death, including the sum of Fifty Dollars for Holy Masses for the repose of my Love and that of my deceased husband John Borges, to be read b y the Rector of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church of Covington, Ky. I further direct that a lot be purchased on the Mother of God Cemetery and upon the same two ordinary tombstone s be erected over the graves of myself and that of my deceased husband John Borges. I further direct that Fifty Dollars be paid to the St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Mens Society of St. Josephs Church on account my said deceased husband having been a member thereof. I further direct that Fifty Dollars be paid to the St. Elizabeth Hospital of Covington, Ky., for the benef it of said institution. I also direct that the sum of one hundred dollars each be paid to Mary Schomaker, John Borges and Francis Meyer.

Item 2nd

All the rest and residue of my Estate being real personal and mixed, I direct that be equall y divided amongst my children named Dick Borges, Ben Borges, William Borges, Herman Borges an d Louisa Sprengelmeyer share and share alike between them, as it will be necessary to pay the bequests as herein set forth, to Mary Schomaker, John Borges and Francis Meyer, and to my s aid mentioned children, the Real Estate of which I may die possessed of being a lot 50 feet front and upon which is situated a brick and part frame dwelling house in which I now reside known as No. 156 East 12th Street, in the City of Covington, Ky, shall be sold by my Executrix herein after named either at public or private sale as she may deem best, and her deed shall pass a good and sufficient Title to the same to the purchaser or purchasers thereof, but said sale shall not take place until one year after my death, and said bequests not to be paid until the expiration of said out year.

Item 3rd

I hereby nominate and appoint my daughter Louisa Sprengelmeyer (a widow) Sole Executrix of this my Last Will and Testament and I request the County Court to let her qualify as such on he r own Bond without additional security. "

1900 she and Herman are living in Covington, found under the spelling Burgis. It shows born NOV 1827 in Oldenburg.

More About MARY MEIROSSE:

Burial: April 15, 1902, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Immigration: 1849

Marriage Notes for JOHANN BORGES and MARY MEIROSSE:

Marriage Book 1, page 130.

Children of JOHANN BORGES and ELIZABETH BOSTERMANN are:

2. i. JOHN A.2 BORGES, b. August 15, 1845, Kentucky; d. July 14, 1925, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

3. ii. FRANCES BORGES, b. March 1846, Kentucky; d. February 25, 1919, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Children of JOHANN BORGES and MARY MEIROSSE are:

4. iii. LUDOVICA FRANCISCA "LOUISA"2 BORGES, b. January 30, 1850, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. December 05, 1942, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky.

5. iv. JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH BORGES, b. June 1852, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. February 25, 1908, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

v. HERMAN BORGES, b. Abt. 1859, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for HERMAN BORGES:

According to census he was a "Rolling Mill Hand" and "Iron Worker". Living with his mother i n the 1900 census at 156 E. 12th Street. Appears to have died single.

Kentucky Post, Page 1, 16 APR 1902:

"Bury Son and Mother Together":

Devoted to his aged mother Mary Borges, 74, of 156 E. 12th Street, Covington, who died Tuesday, Herman Borges, 45, broke down immediately, and at 8 o'clock Wednesday passed away.

He had nursed his mother attentively for weeks, and the strain became apparent a week ago, but he bravely held out. The shock and reaction were too much, and he sank rapidly immediately after her death. They will be buried together.

There is a birth certificate in Kenton County for a Henry Borgus, whose father is a J. Borgus and mother an UNKNOWN Morrold. Birthdate is 13 OCT 1857. Could this be Herman?

More About HERMAN BORGES:

Burial: April 16, 1902, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

6. vi. BENJAMIN BORGES, b. 1859, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. January 14, 1923, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

7. vii. WILLIAM BORGES, b. August 1863, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. December 09, 1937, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Generation No. 2

2. JOHN A.2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born August 15, 1845 in Kentucky, and died July 14, 1925 in Covington, Kentucky, USA. He married (1) ELIZABETH. He married (2) ELISABETH OSNER December 28, 1884 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, daughter of GEORGE OSNER and SUSAN RICKERT. She was born July 27, 1856 in Delhi, Hamilton County, Ohio, and died June 02, 1935 in Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for JOHN A. BORGES:

In his will, date August 1922 he leaves everything to his wife Elizabeth. In the 1900 census his occupation is listed as "Rolling Molder". He's lived on E. 59th Street, as well as:

1902 - 1358 Garrard

1910 - 358 Garrard

1920 - 1340 Garrard

On the 1900 census he lists boths of his parents as from Hanover, this is consistent with the se parents. One does notice his birth would be BEFORE his parents were married. Was he fro m a previous marriage possibly?

Is this Elizabeth also his second wife? It appears his first child was born January 1869 an d the marriage between he and Elizabeth didn't happen until 1884. Research this more thoroughly

Kentucky Post, page 1, 15 JUL 1925 - Obituary:

AGED MAN DEAD - Funeral for John A. Borges to Be Held Friday

John A. Borges, 80, of 1340 Garrard Street, Covington, who was found dead in bed Tuesday nigh t, will be buried from the residence Friday morning. Requiem high mass is to be celebrated a t St. Joseph's Church, Covington, at 9 o'clock. Interment will be in Mother of God cemetery.

The aged man was found lifeless in his bed Tuesday, after he had gone to his room to rest. Shortly after noon, feeling fatigued, Borges told members of his family he was going to his room to rest. When called for supper he did not answer and members of the family going to hi s room to investigate found him dead.

David W. Stephens, Kenton County Coroner, who as summoned, returned a verdict of death by natural causes.

Borges is survived by his widow, Mrs. Elizabeth Osner Borges, and four daughters and one son .

Could it be that his parents are in fact John Borges and Elisabeth UNKNOWN? In his plot at Mother of God cemetery, we see that Grave No. 1 has "Mrs. Elizabeth Borges and children" interred MARCH 1922 from "Old Cemetery". Found a marriage in Hamilton County, Ohio of a Johann Borgess to an Elisabet Willenburg on 10 JUN 1867. In the 1880 census, Elisabeth was born around 1852 in Ohio. So, this could be our couple! Do more research on this point.

More About JOHN A. BORGES:

Burial: July 17, 1925, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Occupation: "Brick molder"

Will: August 1922, Kenton County Courthouse, Covington, Kentucky

Notes for ELISABETH OSNER:

Census states her parents were born in Hanover.

1880 Census, 6th Ward, Covington, Kenton, Kentucky: Elisabeth, 24, OH-Bavaria-Prussia, in th e hh of Phillip RICKERT

Residence: by 1920, lived in Covington, KY

1930 Census, Covingtom Kenton, KY, Dist 27: Elizabeth, 73, OH-Germany-PA, Emma, 41, saleslady , Edward, 38, shoe cutter, Stella, 36, saleslady, Charles Tunney, son-in-law, 36, cab driver , OH-Irish Free State-OH, Frances (Borges) Tunney, 31

More About ELISABETH OSNER:

Burial: June 05, 1935, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Christening: August 10, 1856, Delhi, Hamilton County, Ohio

Children of JOHN BORGES and ELIZABETH are:

i. JOHN JOSEPH3 BORGES, b. January 30, 1869, Kentucky; d. May 11, 1926, Covington, Kentucky, USA; m. MARY A. DEDDEN, December 12, 1921, St. John's Catholic Church, Covington; b. Abt. 1876.

Notes for JOHN JOSEPH BORGES:

"bartender"

1910 - 1100 Madison

I have a copy of her marriage certificate.

More About JOHN JOSEPH BORGES:

Burial: May 13, 1926, Mother of God Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Occupation: December 15, 1921, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Painter

More About MARY A. DEDDEN:

Burial: May 12, 1933, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

ii. MARY BORGES, b. July 1872.

Notes for MARY BORGES:

In the 1920 census she is single.

More About MARY BORGES:

Burial: August 27, 1927, Mother of God Church, Covington, Kentucky

iii. PHILIPP BORGES, b. Abt. 1876, Kentucky; d. Bef. 1926.

iv. CAROLINA BORGES, b. Abt. 1878, Kentucky; d. Bef. 1926.

v. ELISABETH BORGES, b. Abt. 1880, Kentucky.

Notes for ELISABETH BORGES:

Her gravestone has b. 1898 on it?

More About ELISABETH BORGES:

Burial: March 02, 1922, Mother of God Church, Covington, Kentucky

Children of JOHN BORGES and ELISABETH OSNER are:

vi. EMMA3 BORGES, b. January 1889, Kentucky; d. November 27, 1994, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for EMMA BORGES:

"Clerk", died single.

She was featured in a Cincinnati Enquirer article for her 100th birthday!

21 JAN 1989 - TURNING 100 IS OCCASION TO THANK BLESSED MOTHER

Emma Borges looked at a huge basket of 100 red and white and pink carnations, breathed the heady scent, touched the skin soft petals and tucked her face behind clasped hands in delight.

Miss Borges turned 100 on Friday, and the flowers were a gift of love.

She savored them for a moment and made a decision. "I want the flowers to go to the Blessed Mother," she said.

Her friends and family, packed into a recreation room at Mother Margaret Hall in Delhi Township, Ohio, weren't surprised. For 100 years Emma Borges has been giving her best to God. I t was only natural that she'd want to share her bounty with the mother of Jesus.

Miss Borges plants to use her flowers to decorate a statue of the Blessed Mother in the hall' s chapel.

"Her whole life has been religion, prayer and the Catholic church, " said Miss Borges' cousin , Vera May Pundsack of Ft. Wright, who arranged the gathering. "She had a pipeline to heaven. "

She worked hard and prayed hard and smiled a lot.

"I was born in the shadow of her house," said Jack Burkhart of Edgewood. "I'm 66 years old . She's always been the same. A happy person. She has such a personality."

Miss Borges grew up at 12th and Greenup streets and later lived at 20th and Pearl in Covington. She moved to Delhi Township about two years ago.

Miss Borges arched heavy eyebrows and nodded to the crowd, buzzing and laughing and eating dainty sandwiches. "I never expected anything like this," she said. "All these people from all my life."

The memories are sweet. "I made my first communion when I was 13, and that very summer I went to work," she said. "My family didn't have much money."

She worked for milliners. "No pay for the first six months. That was the way then," she said.

She started with Potter Shoes in Cincinnati when she was 25 and retired at 69. She and two sisters and a brother never married. They stayed in the family home.

Some at the birthday celebration talked of the Borges dinners and card parties, filled with good jokes and good food.

Those who couldn't make it to Miss Borges' party sent letters. A birthday greeting from President Reagan was upstaged by a letter from a favorite priest and a blessing from the pope.

"Oh, that Vera May," Miss Borges said, pinpointing the instigator of the letters.

"I've had it good," Miss Borges said.

"I love my God. That's the first thing. If I didn't have my Lord, I wouldn't have anything. ""

More About EMMA BORGES:

Burial: November 29, 1994, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

vii. EDWARD H. BORGES, b. February 1891; d. February 20, 1959, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for EDWARD H. BORGES:

not married in the 1930 census

More About EDWARD H. BORGES:

Burial: February 23, 1959, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

viii. STELLA BORGES, b. Abt. 1894, Kentucky; d. October 25, 1978, Kenton County, Kentucky.

More About STELLA BORGES:

Burial: October 28, 1978, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

ix. FRANCES BORGES, b. February 14, 1899, Covington, Kentucky; d. August 09, 1980, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA; m. CHARLES J. TUNNEY, August 09, 1922, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Covington; b. May 15, 1894, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. February 05, 1969, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for FRANCES BORGES:

In 1930 was living with widowed mother and husband. Her and her husband didn't have any chidren in that 1930 census. I have a copy of her marriage certificate to Charles J. Tunney. Address at time of death: 15 E. 20th Street in Covington.

More About FRANCES BORGES:

Burial: August 12, 1980, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

More About CHARLES J. TUNNEY:

Burial: February 07, 1969, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Occupation: August 19, 1922, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Auto Mechanic

3. FRANCES2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born March 1846 in Kentucky, and died February 25, 1919 in Kenton County, Kentucky. She married HENRY MEYER July 14, 1870 in Kenton County, Kentucky. He was born Abt. 1850 in Oldenburg, Germany, and died Bef. 1900.

Notes for FRANCES BORGES:

From a previous marriage of Johann's maybe? She may have married a Henry Meyers on 14 JUL 18 70 in Kenton County. Ages match up, but haven't been able to confirm yet.

New note on above information: I believe this now to be correct, after examining the will o f Mary Borges, her step-mother, you note how Mary has her in the will (as well as John, jr) but distinguishes them in a separate list, not as her children. They were her step-children! No doubt John must have been married previously to someone else, who probably died. Look again at old Borges family hand-written charts, John and her may have been the earlier children John Borges and Elisabeth Bolstermann family.

In the 1870 census she is a seamstress living with the Tacey family surrounded by the same ne ighbors as her parents in 1860. Her parents are not to be found there though.

More About FRANCES BORGES:

Burial: February 28, 1919, Mother of God Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Children of FRANCES BORGES and HENRY MEYER are:

i. HENRY3 MEYER, b. Abt. 1870, Kentucky.

ii. ANNA MEYER, b. December 1874, Kentucky.

More About ANNA MEYER:

Occupation: 1900, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky; Occupation: Seamstress

iii. FRANCES MEYER, b. September 1875, Kentucky.

More About FRANCES MEYER:

Occupation: 1900, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky; Occupation: Seamstress

iv. FREDERICK MEYER, b. August 1877, Kentucky.

More About FREDERICK MEYER:

Occupation: 1900, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky; Occupation: Shoe Cutter

4. LUDOVICA FRANCISCA "LOUISA"2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born January 30, 1850 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died December 05, 1942 in Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky. She married (1) ADOLPH KROLL. He died Bef. December 1942. She married (2) JOHN SPRENGELMEYER August 02, 1870 in Saint Anthony, Covington, Kentucky, USA. He was born Abt. 1842 in Hanover, Germany, and died Bef. 1900.

Notes for LUDOVICA FRANCISCA "LOUISA" BORGES:

Census states she and John had one child, but by 1900 the child was dead and Louisa was widow ed living with her mother and brother (Herman) at 156 E. 12th.

In the 1900 census, her surname is spelled Sprengelmeier. According to that census, she ha d one child who did not survive.

More About LUDOVICA FRANCISCA "LOUISA" BORGES:

Burial: December 07, 1942, Mother of God Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Christening: July 04, 1850, Mother of God Church, Covington

Notes for JOHN SPRENGELMEYER:

Not one Sprengelmeyer in the 1920 census in Kenton County

More About JOHN SPRENGELMEYER:

Occupation: 1870, Covington, Kentucky, USA; Occupation: School Teacher

Child of LUDOVICA BORGES and JOHN SPRENGELMEYER is:

i. MARIA3 SCHRENGELMEYER OR SPRINGELMEYER, d. May 1906.

5. JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born June 1852 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died February 25, 1908 in Covington, Kentucky, USA. He married MARY THERESA HEVING October 22, 1880 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, daughter of BERNARD HEVING and GESINA BRINK. She was born September 02, 1859 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died September 14, 1933 in Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH BORGES:

Addresses for this gentleman include: 903 Montague, 3 John Street, 1002 Prospect, and 928 Leo nard. He worked at the Heving brickyard for a few years (which is probably where he met his wife, Mary Theresa Heving).

1880 - 156 E. 12th

1900 - 130 Rush or Bush

1910 - 7 Short John Street

1930 - 739 Dalton

I have a picture of his (and Mary Hevings) gravestone at the Mother of God Cemetery in Kenton County, Kentucky

1900 Census - Kenton County Kentucky

Richard

Mary

Josephine

John

Julia

Benjamin

Frank

May

Helen

Lizzie

According to a Death Notice, they had a son named Charles that died at a young age and was buried at Mother of God cemetery. Unfortunately, I did not keep the date on the article! Will look into that again.

I have a copy of his death certificate.

More About JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH BORGES:

Burial: February 28, 1908, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Christening: June 27, 1852, Mother of God Church, Covington, Kentucky

Notes for MARY THERESA HEVING:

I have a copy of her death certificate.

More About MARY THERESA HEVING:

Burial: September 18, 1933, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Children of JOHANN BORGES and MARY HEVING are:

8. i. JOSEPHINE3 BORGES, b. November 1881, Kentucky.

ii. JOHN BERNARD BORGES, b. November 25, 1883, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. March 03, 1962, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

More About JOHN BERNARD BORGES:

Burial: March 07, 1962, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Christening: November 28, 1883, St. Augustine, Covington, Kentucky, USA

9. iii. JULIA ELIZABETH BORGES, b. May 10, 1886, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. July 21, 1920, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

iv. BENJAMIN BORGES, b. November 11, 1888, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. July 08, 1980.

Notes for BENJAMIN BORGES:

Addresses: 739 Dalton living with mom and John (in 1930)

More About BENJAMIN BORGES:

Burial: July 12, 1980, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

v. FRANK RICHARD BORGES, b. April 18, 1891, Covington, Kentucky, USA; m. LILLIAN KATZENSTEIN; b. Abt. 1884, Cincinnati, Ohio; d. November 01, 1956.

Notes for FRANK RICHARD BORGES:

Frank fought in WWI. Was a "custodian" and a "filler at a veneer plant". Their home in 193 0 was 3630 Michigan.

More About FRANK RICHARD BORGES:

Burial: April 27, 1970, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Christening: April 19, 1891, St. Augustine, Covington, Kentucky, USA

More About LILLIAN KATZENSTEIN:

Burial: November 05, 1956, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

10. vi. MAY BORGES, b. October 03, 1893, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. February 04, 1984, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA.

11. vii. HELEN MARIA BORGES, b. February 09, 1896, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. September 1984, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA.

viii. LIZZIE FILOMENA BORGES, b. August 07, 1898, Covington, Kentucky; d. June 25, 1922, Kenton County, Kentucky.

More About LIZZIE FILOMENA BORGES:

Burial: June 28, 1922, Mother of God Cemetery

6. BENJAMIN2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born 1859 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died January 14, 1923 in Covington, Kentucky, USA. He married (1) ANNA BRINK October 24, 1882 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, daughter of WILLIAM BRINK and ANNA. She was born 1858 in Ohio, and died 1894. He married (2) MARIA DEAN January 16, 1895 in Kenton County, Kentucky. She was born Abt. 1855, and died Bef. 1910.

Notes for BENJAMIN BORGES:

Starting in 1900 all of his children are living with their aunt and uncle (William Borges and Maria Brink). What happened to Annie is unknown at this time.

Kentucky Post, Page 3, 15 JAN 1923:

"Obituary":

Borges - Bernard, relict of Anna Borges (nee Brink), Sunday, January 14, 1923, aged 64 years . Funeral Wednesday morning, Jan 17, from the residence of his daughter, Mrs. Jos. F. Schult e, 1816 Holman Street, Covington, Kentucky, at 7:30, with requiem mass at St. Augustine Church at 8 o'clock. Friends invited. Burial in Mother of God Cemetery.

His children were living with his brother and sister-in-law (William Borges and Mary Brink) in the 1900 census. He died at St. Elizabeth Hospital of Cardiac Dilation. He was admitted t o the hospital just the day before his death on 13 JAN 1923. His residence at the time was 1 816 Holman. The cause/ailment listed in the hospital records for his cardiac dilation was La Grippe/Asthma.

More About BENJAMIN BORGES:

Burial: January 17, 1923, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton Vale, Kentucky

Notes for ANNA BRINK:

1880 Census - Covington

William Brink, 58, born Germany, works in Brickyard

Ann, 50, born Germany

Henry, 22, born KY

Anna, 20, born OH

Mary, 17, born OH

Willie, 11, born Ohio

More About ANNA BRINK:

Occupation: 1880, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Seamstress

Children of BENJAMIN BORGES and ANNA BRINK are:

12. i. MARY W3 BORGES, b. August 1883, Kentucky; d. September 02, 1974, Kenton County, Kentucky.

13. ii. ANNIE J BORGES, b. December 1884, Kentucky; d. January 21, 1968, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA.

14. iii. LOUISA BORGES, b. September 1890, Kentucky.

iv. FRANCES BORGES, b. September 1892, Kentucky.

Notes for FRANCES BORGES:

Listed as "lithographer" in 1900 census.

7. WILLIAM2 BORGES (JOHANN1) was born August 1863 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died December 09, 1937 in Kenton County, Kentucky. He married MARIA BRINK November 20, 1889 in Mother of God Church, Covington, daughter of WILLIAM BRINK and ANNA. She was born February 1863 in Ohio.

Notes for WILLIAM BORGES:

"Teamster", "Laborer". Lived at 1430 Banklick.

At the time of his death he lived 333 Bush Street in Covington, Kentucky. The informant for the death certificate was Rev. Father Freiberg from St. Mary's Cathedral. He died from an automobile accident.

More About WILLIAM BORGES:

Burial: December 11, 1937, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Occupation: 1900, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Day Laborer

Notes for MARIA BRINK:

Will for Mary Anna Borges, filed MAY 1914:

Joseph Schulte (executor). Recipients: William Borges, jr. (her son), Mamie Schulte (niece) , Anna Borgess (niece), Louise Borges (niece), and Frances Borges (niece). Also names the B rink Family and her aunt and uncle - the Humpert family. Look into this! Her aunt must have been a Brink or of her mother's side. Maybe be able to find out more about the family if I research them. I have a copy of this will.

In 1880 - Covington, Kentucky - Mary is a Servant for the JD and Mary Ellis family

Her gravestone is the back of one of the William Brink gravestones at Mother of God Cemetery.

More About MARIA BRINK:

Burial: July 07, 1914, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Occupation: 1880, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Seamstress

Will: May 08, 1914, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA

Child of WILLIAM BORGES and MARIA BRINK is:

i. WILLIAM3 BORGES, b. September 1890, Kentucky; d. December 08, 1958, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. HELEN G.; b. October 27, 1897; d. February 13, 1983, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for WILLIAM BORGES:

WWI Veteran.

More About WILLIAM BORGES:

Burial: St. Mary's Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Occupation: "Repairman of Railroad"

Notes for HELEN G.:

Lived at 440 Graves, Erlanger when she died. Attended St. Henry Church.

More About HELEN G.:

Burial: February 15, 1983, St. Mary's Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Generation No. 3

8. JOSEPHINE3 BORGES (JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2, JOHANN1) was born November 1881 in Kentucky.

Child of JOSEPHINE BORGES is:

i. UNKNOWN BORGES4, b. May 24, 1902, Covington, Kentucky.

Notes for BORGES:

On the birth certificate father is listed as Benjamin Shicker or Shicken or Thicker or Thicke n. It says the parents are not married. The UNKNOWN Borges was born at his mother's residence, at 71 River Road in West Covington, Kentucky. I can not yet say FOR SURE this is Josephine, it lists mother as Josie. Will research further. Wish I knew the name of the male child, it would make it easier to research!

9. JULIA ELIZABETH3 BORGES (JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2, JOHANN1) was born May 10, 1886 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died July 21, 1920 in Covington, Kentucky, USA. She married HENRY J ARNOLD, son of EDWARD ARNOLD. He was born March 16, 1879 in Lexington, Kentucky, USA, and died November 14, 1931 in Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for JULIA ELIZABETH BORGES:

I have a copy of her death certificate.

More About JULIA ELIZABETH BORGES:

Burial: July 21, 1920, Mother of God Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Christening: May 12, 1886, St. Augustine, Covington, Kentucky

Notes for HENRY J ARNOLD:

Census information indicates his birth to be more around 1873 than the date given by his daughter as his birth date on the death certificate. Marriage - haven't been able to find one in Covington or Cincinnati. I believe Julia may have run away (as Loretta was actually born Loretta Borgas, in other words Henry Arnold and Julia Borges weren't married at the time) - I do find a marriage record but a few months after Loretta's birth for a Julia Fogel and Henry Arnold (who is also a firefighter, like mine, and whose father is Edward, like mine). So, it's a possibility. Still attempting to find the marriage record just in case!

OBIT - no date given

"SET ARNOLD RITES

West Covingtonian, 52, Succumbs at Home on John St

Funeral services for Henry Arnold, 52, who died Saturday at his home, 900 John Street, West Covington, will be held Tuesday at 8:30pm at the Middendorf Funeral Home, 917 Main Street, Covington. Requiem high mass will be held at 9 am at St. Patrick Church, Covington. Burial wil l be in Mother of God Cemetery.

Arnold leaves three sons, Elmer, Bernard and Edward Arnold and two daughters, Loretta and Carrie Arnold, all of the John St. address."

More About HENRY J ARNOLD:

Burial: November 17, 1931, Mother of God Cemetery, Covington, Kentucky

Occupation: Firefighter

Children of JULIA BORGES and HENRY ARNOLD are:

15. i. LORETTA4 ARNOLD, b. August 26, 1907, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA; d. November 20, 1974, Terre Haute, Indiana, USA.

ii. ELMER J ARNOLD, b. July 27, 1911, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. March 16, 1998, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

More About ELMER J ARNOLD:

Burial: March 20, 1998, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

iii. CARRIE ARNOLD, b. September 06, 1911, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. November 29, 1980, Ohio; m. JACOB FREEZE.

More About CARRIE ARNOLD:

Burial: December 02, 1980, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

iv. BERNARD B ARNOLD, b. March 12, 1914, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. January 30, 1992, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

More About BERNARD B ARNOLD:

Burial: January 31, 1992, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

v. EDWARD W ARNOLD, b. December 17, 1917, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. March 14, 1996, Ludlow, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. GENEVA.

Notes for EDWARD W ARNOLD:

Edward removed himself from this family - I do not have more information as to the reason why .

10. MAY3 BORGES (JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2, JOHANN1) was born October 03, 1893 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died February 04, 1984 in Kenton County, Kentucky, USA. She married NICHOLAS JOSEPH CASTELLINI February 03, 1915 in St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Covington, son of LUIGI CASTELLINI and JULIA MACHELLNA. He was born May 17, 1889 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, and died August 31, 1960.

Notes for MAY BORGES:

No children in the 1930 census

More About MAY BORGES:

Burial: February 08, 1984, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Christening: October 08, 1893, St. Joseph's, Covington, Kentucky

Notes for NICHOLAS JOSEPH CASTELLINI:

1954 Covington Directory: h. 419 W. 6th

Birth certificate says Nicholas L. Castellini, rather than Nicholas J. Castellini. Doctor A . Ravogli

Cemetery Stats has Nicholas P. Castellini

More About NICHOLAS JOSEPH CASTELLINI:

Burial: September 03, 1960, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Christening: June 21, 1889, St. Xavier, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Occupation: 1930, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky; Occupation: Tinner

Children of MAY BORGES and NICHOLAS CASTELLINI are:

i. MARY ALBERTA4 CASTELLINI, b. February 05, 1915, Covington, Kentucky; d. February 05, 1915, Covington, Kentucky.

More About MARY ALBERTA CASTELLINI:

Burial: February 07, 1915, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Christening: February 05, 1915, St. Patrick. Covington, Kentucky

ii. MARGUERITE HELEN CASTELLINI, b. January 12, 1922, Covington, Kentucky; d. January 16, 1922.

Notes for MARGUERITE HELEN CASTELLINI:

The Mother of God Cemetery Record index says she was buried on 07 JAN 1922, which can't be, because she wasn't born yet!

More About MARGUERITE HELEN CASTELLINI:

Burial: Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Christening: January 15, 1922, St. Patrick. Covington, Kentucky

iii. DOROTHY ANNA MARIA CASTELLINI, b. October 02, 1924, Covington, Kentucky.

Notes for DOROTHY ANNA MARIA CASTELLINI:

She is buried in the same plot as her grandparents - Richard Borges and Maria Theresa Heving Borges

More About DOROTHY ANNA MARIA CASTELLINI:

Burial: February 20, 1929, Mother of God Cemetery

Christening: October 05, 1924, St. Patrick. Covington, Kentucky

iv. EDWARD CASTELLINI, b. January 04, 1932, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA; d. January 04, 1998, Glendale, Maricopa, Arizona; m. WANDA; b. November 20, 1930; d. June 24, 1999, Glendale, Arizona.

11. HELEN MARIA3 BORGES (JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2, JOHANN1) was born February 09, 1896 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, and died September 1984 in Kenton County, Kentucky, USA. She married JOSEPH B. HACKMAN June 24, 1925 in St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Covington, son of HENRY HACKMAN and MARY KELLER. He was born Abt. 1890 in Reading, Ohio, and died June 17, 1956 in Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for HELEN MARIA BORGES:

Lived with her sister May "Borges" Castellini and her husband and the 1930 census. I have a copy of her marriage certificate.

More About HELEN MARIA BORGES:

Burial: September 12, 1984, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Christening: February 13, 1896, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Covington

Notes for JOSEPH B. HACKMAN:

1927 Covington Directory: 471 Dalton

1945 Covington Directory: 836 Perry

1948 Covington Directory: 120 W. 5th.

More About JOSEPH B. HACKMAN:

Burial: June 21, 1956, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Occupation: 1930, Covington, Kenton County, Kentucky; Occupation: Laborer with Sheet Metal

Children of HELEN BORGES and JOSEPH HACKMAN are:

i. MARY C.4 HACKMAN, b. Abt. 1926, Kentucky.

More About MARY C. HACKMAN:

Occupation: 1945, Covington, Kentucky, USA; Occupation: Saleswoman at H & S Pogues Company

ii. ROBERT HENRY JOSEPH HACKMAN, b. June 16, 1927, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for ROBERT HENRY JOSEPH HACKMAN:

Not in SSDI

More About ROBERT HENRY JOSEPH HACKMAN:

Christening: June 26, 1927, St. Aloysius, Covington, Kentucky

Occupation: 1945, Covington, Kentucky, USA; Occupation: Engineer at DeLuxe Engraving Company

iii. LAVENA M HACKMAN, b. July 09, 1931, Kenton County, Kentucky.

iv. PAUL R HACKMAN, b. June 02, 1938, Kenton County, Kentucky; d. December 16, 1998, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.

More About PAUL R HACKMAN:

Burial: December 21, 1998, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

12. MARY W3 BORGES (BENJAMIN2, JOHANN1) was born August 1883 in Kentucky, and died September 02, 1974 in Kenton County, Kentucky. She married JOSEPH F. SCHULTE June 13, 1906 in Mother of God Church, Covington, Kentucky, USA, son of FRANK SCHULTE and CATHERINE FUEHNER. He was born December 07, 1883 in Kentucky, and died November 03, 1955 in Kenton County, Kentucky.

Notes for MARY W BORGES:

Death certificate info: Volume 45, Certificate 22431, in year 1974. I have a copy of their m arriage certificate.

1816 Holman Street was her and her husband's address at the time of her father's death. Per his death certificate.

Notes for JOSEPH F. SCHULTE:

Death certificate - Volume 47, Certificate #23052 - look up sometime for parents names and bi rth date. I have a copy of his funeral card.

address at time of death was 1816 Holman Street in Covington.

More About JOSEPH F. SCHULTE:

Burial: November 07, 1955, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Occupation: 1920, Covington, Kentucky, USA; Occupation: Car Repairer on Railroad

Children of MARY BORGES and JOSEPH SCHULTE are:

i. EDWARD A4 SCHULTE, b. Abt. 1911, Kentucky; m. VIRGINIA.

ii. DOROTHY SCHULTE, b. Abt. 1912, Kentucky; m. WILLIAM G FUNKE; b. July 26, 1909; d. May 06, 1987, Kenton County, Kentucky.

iii. FREDERICK SCHULTE, b. June 10, 1913, Kenton County, Kentucky; d. June 10, 1913, Kenton County, Kentucky.

More About FREDERICK SCHULTE:

Burial: June 10, 1913, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

iv. RAYMOND F SCHULTE, b. July 01, 1914, Kenton County, Kentucky; d. December 18, 1992, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. (1) ALLENE; b. 1917; d. 1969; m. (2) LOYOLA R MORGAN, November 24, 1978, Campbell County, Kentucky; b. Abt. 1917.

Notes for RAYMOND F SCHULTE:

He had two gravestones at Mother of God Cemetery - one reflecting war service, and one with his first wife Allene

More About RAYMOND F SCHULTE:

Burial: December 21, 1992, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

More About ALLENE:

Burial: Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

v. ALVIN SCHULTE, b. Abt. 1917, Kentucky; m. IDA M MEYERS, September 14, 1990, Kenton County, Kentucky; b. Abt. 1914.

vi. ANNA MAY SCHULTE, b. Abt. 1918, Kentucky; m. RALPH MIDDENDORF, 1946; b. July 07, 1921, Kenton County, Kentucky.

vii. NORMA M SCHULTE, b. April 24, 1919, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. BILL GROLLIG.

viii. MARY SCHULTE, b. December 14, 1920, Kenton County, Kentucky.

ix. ROBERT SCHULTE, b. July 30, 1922, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. ROSEMARY.

x. JOSEPH D SCHULTE, b. August 09, 1924, Kenton County, Kentucky; m. BARBARA.

xi. WILLIAM R SCHULTE, b. August 27, 1927, Kenton County, Kentucky; d. January 13, 1997, Campbell County, Kentucky; m. JOYCE.

13. ANNIE J3 BORGES (BENJAMIN2, JOHANN1) was born December 1884 in Kentucky, and died January 21, 1968 in Kenton County, Kentucky, USA. She married JOHN H. RAUEN June 17, 1922 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, son of JOHN RAUEN and ELIZABETH. He was born Abt. 1888 in Kentucky.

Notes for ANNIE J BORGES:

"Filler" in 1900 census, later "vestmaker". I have a copy of her marriage certificate.

1930 census with family at 3161 Rosina (cousin William Borges, age 39 still living with her and he is still single).

St. Elizabeth Hospital Records 1861-? : Annie was admitted on 14 MAY 1923 and wasn't discharged until 10 JUN 1923. She must've had many complications during childbirth. It does not say whether the baby survived or not. Page 573.

More About ANNIE J BORGES:

Burial: January 26, 1968, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

More About JOHN H. RAUEN:

Burial: February 19, 1952, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

Occupation: June 17, 1922, Covington, Kentucky; Occupation: Teamster

Children of ANNIE BORGES and JOHN RAUEN are:

i. MALE4 RAUEN, b. May 14, 1923, St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Kenton County, Kentucky.

ii. WILLIAM J. RAUEN, b. December 12, 1924, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA; d. June 28, 1979, Ft. Mitchell, Kenton County, Kentucky, USA.

More About WILLIAM J. RAUEN:

Burial: June 30, 1979, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

iii. FRED JACK RAUEN, b. Abt. 1927, Kentucky; m. RUTH M; b. Abt. 1915.

More About FRED JACK RAUEN:

Burial: March 15, 1980, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

More About RUTH M:

Burial: June 15, 2000, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, KY

14. LOUISA3 BORGES (BENJAMIN2, JOHANN1) was born September 1890 in Kentucky. She married JOHN SUTTER Abt. 1918. He was born Abt. 1890 in Kentucky, and died December 08, 1975 in Boone County, Kentucky.

Notes for LOUISA BORGES:

Much like her sister in 1900 census she is listed as a "filler"

Children of LOUISA BORGES and JOHN SUTTER are:

i. RALPH B4 SUTTER, b. December 13, 1918, Kenton County, Kentucky; d. February 04, 1994, Boone County, Kentucky.

ii. JOHN J SUTTER, b. April 19, 1921, Kenton County, Kentucky.

iii. THOMAS SUTTER, b. January 14, 1925, Kenton County, Kentucky.

Generation No. 4

15. LORETTA4 ARNOLD (JULIA ELIZABETH3 BORGES, JOHANN THEODORE DIETRICH2, JOHANN1) was born August 26, 1907 in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, and died November 20, 1974 in Terre Haute, Indiana, USA. She married LEONARD CALVERT March 02, 1937 in Covington, Kentucky, USA, son of JOHN CALVERT and MARY SINGER. He was born January 10, 1910 in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Notes for LORETTA ARNOLD:

I have a copy of her birth record - she was actually born Loretta Borges, as her parents may not have been married yet. I also have a copy of her death record.

More About LORETTA ARNOLD:

Burial: November 22, 1974, Mother of God Cemetery, Kenton County, Kentucky

Child of LORETTA ARNOLD and LEONARD CALVERT is:

i. DONALD JAMES5 CALVERT, b. January 19, 1938, Covington, Kentucky, USA; d. April 30, 2002, Hollywood, Broward County, Florida; m. LIVING MEINERS, January 18, 1958, Covington, Kentucky, USA.

Notes for DONALD JAMES CALVERT:

I have a copy of the marriage certificate for Donald James Calvert and LIVING Meiners.

This thread: