OHHAMILT-L Archives

Archiver > OHHAMILT > 2011-10 > 1319037287

Subject: Re: [OHHAMILT] Church records
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:14:47 -0400 (EDT)

Jeanne,

Thank you for spending so much of your time researching this line. I'm
glad you enjoyed looking at this exciting piece of our country's history.

The Bartholomew Co. Nicholas is not mine. He has been well researched and
documented. There were several Gilmans there (and in Clermont), old
enough to be my Nicholas' father, so I have not entirely excluded that line.

IF my Nicholas is related to the Nicholas who signed the Declaration of
Independence, he would most likely be a grandson or g-nephew. The signer
Nicholas, had several children. There were 100's -- if not 1,000's of Gilmans
throughout the country, including the Joseph Gilman who was at Ft. Harmar
as early as 1789. My Nicholas named his first son Joseph, however the Ft.
Harmar Joseph had only one son, Benjamin Ives Gilman. As you can imagine,
Nicholas is an often used name in the Gilman line.

Still looking for church records. I would think they were compiled
somewhere.

Thanks again.
Gail - FL

In a message dated 10/18/2011 7:25:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,