OHHANCOC-L Archives

Archiver > OHHANCOC > 1999-07 > 0932824155

From: Mary K Ward <>
Subject: Mysterious Mary A. ROBERTS
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:49:15 -0400

Dear Cheryl Treece <>,
You wrote and said you live in Hancock County and have tried to help
with my query. I responded to your email address but it bounced back to
me as "invalid" so I don't know how to contact you.
Thanks so much for trying to help me thru the Hancock County, genweb
page. My Roberts family was on the census in Crawford twp, Wyandot
County, Ohio in 1850. I was advised to search also in other nearby
counties such as Hancock and Muskigum Counties. Mary A. ROBERT's
daughter, Fanny Emily ROBERTS b. abt 1846/47
in Wyandot Co, Ohio was abt 14/15 yrs old when she married an older man,
29 yr old Mahlon James WARD in 1861 in Hancock Co., Ohio. He came from
Findlay, Hancock Co, Ohio but I have not been able to find his parents
nor siblings.
If you have anything that will help me, Cheryl, please respond. I'm
so grateful to hear from someone who lives in Hancock County, and
for ANY help you can give me. I'd love to visit there and walk the paths
my ancestors walked. I just know there are more clues there if I can
just find them!
Gratefully, Mary Kay COLE Ward

21 June'99 Cheryl Treece wrote: Re: Mary A.ROBERTS JOHNSON of-Wyandot
and /or Hancock or Muskigum Counties.
>Hi, I live in Hancock Co. and I noticed nobody has gotten any >replies.
I tried checking on your query, but some of your >information needs to be
clarified. There is no Crawford twp. in >Hancock Co. Oh, but there is a
Crawford Co. Oh. Also there are other states that have a Hancock Co.
Wyandot and Hancock Co. boarder each other but not Muskingum Co. So
please check the census again and let me know.

#1.Mr. JOHNSON and #2 Mr. ROBERTS. I'm guessing that both Mr. JOHNSON
and Mr. ROBERTS were born about 1812 (or before) because they were
probably at least as old as Mary A. ROBERTS who was born abt 1812 in OH.
Mr. JOHNSON & Mary A. probably married abt 1832. Mr. ROBERTS & Mary
A. JOHNSON married abt 1844. Both marriages
probably were in the Hancock Co, Ohio area. I'm searching for JOHNSON &
ROBERTS families on all of the Ohio censuses for the counties of
Muskigum, Hancock and Wyandot from 1830 to 1870
and I'm looking at the names of their neighbors too, just in case
something pops out at me.

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tag

This thread: