OHHARDIN-L Archives

Archiver > OHHARDIN > 2009-02 > 1234304546

From: ,
Subject: Re: [OHHARDIN] Obituary Look-up -Sarah Williamson 1888
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:22:26 -0000

Author: annieock
Surnames: Painter/Williamson/ Clabaugh
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.ohio.counties.hardin/722.2.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Thank you for all the help you are giving! The 1860-1880 censuses are definately my family. On the death cert. of twin Edward mother is listed as Sarah Clabaugh, in [very inaccurate]obit. of twin Joseph mother said to be 'Dora' Clabaugh [clearly an error]. John W.'s sister[Sarah Jane b.1838] and an Aunt both mar. Clabaugh brothers. So family confusion is quite possible. There is a Milton Painter still in Violet in 1860, with another family[ estate listed as $1500]no occupation listed.Question is, if Sarah was mother and still alive why did he need a guardian? 1870 Franklin [Madison] census has Milton Painter 22-Farm Worker and Martha Painter 25.[so it seems he didn't change his name to Williamson. Re: the name Clabaugh- I haven't been able to find a single Sarah Clabaugh[any spelling] who fits with the censuses.Only match APPEARS to be Sarah Painter.Hope I am not being too confusing!

Important Note: