OHHURON-L Archives

Archiver > OHHURON > 2003-09 > 1064672890

From: "John McConnell" <>
Subject: Re: [OHHURON-L] Zebulon Brundage
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:28:14 -0400

Ruth Reed,

Thanks so much for your message. My ancestor, Zebulon Brundage, came to
Huron Co. from Danby, Tioga Co. NY (now Tompkins Co). The family settled in
Fitchville twp in 1828. My Zebulon was born in New York in about 1783. I
know about the Steuben Co. NY Brundages. I believe they moved there from New
Jersey, but were from the original New England Brundages. This is my
recollection of that side of the family. There is probably a connection to
Zebulon way back, but I haven't found it yet. I'm not famular with the
Brundages that settled in Seneca Co. There could be a connection to my
family. A lot of Brundages were on the move about about the same time. I
will know more when I hear back from Anne. In the meantime if I find a
connection with the Seneca Co. Brundages I will let you know.

I have corresponded with Anne, and I believe there is a connection to our
Brundage families. This may be the breakthrough I've been looking for to
find the parents of Zebulon. What a great day if this is what I've been
searching for.

John

> Dear Ann & John,
> I have a question for both of you. Were these New London Brundages from
New
> York, more exactly Bath, Stueben Co. NY? Were they related to the
Brundages
> that came from NY in approx 1825 and settled in Seneca Co. Reed Twp. with
> their Reed cousins? I have some Brundages in my line. Prior to NY they
were
> from PA. Let me know if this is familiar.
> Ruth
>

> At 04:33 PM 09/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >Anne,
> >I'm still around and working on my family history. I have started
> >writing my family history for nine ancestors that settled in New London
> >in the early 1800s. Have quite a bit of information about Zebulon
Brundage's