OHLORAIN-L Archives

Archiver > OHLORAIN > 2000-01 > 0946834073

From: JEFFREY SIGSWORTH <>
Subject: [OHLORAIN] Re: Johnstown, Ohio
Date: 2 Jan 00 12:27:53 EST

Shirley Jean & Arlene (and other interested "listers"):

That town in Morrow County is "Johnsville" (P.O. Shauck), not Johnstown. My
wife, Karen, has several ancestors buried in the Shauck Cemetery at
Johnsville, and our nephews attend school there. Interestingly, the town was
named for early settler JOHN ELY -- and our city, Elyria (Lorain Co.), was
named for founder HEMAN ELY (no proven connection as yet).

Jeff Sigsworth

Shirley Jean Hunt <> wrote:
Arlene,
I am sorry, but there is a Johnstown in Morrow County in Ohio (not Richland as
wrote earlier). It is south and slightly west of the village of Lexington.
Shirley Hunt