OHLORAIN-L Archives

Archiver > OHLORAIN > 2005-11 > 1130985803

Subject: Re: OHLORAIN-D Digest V05 #158
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:43:23 EST

Today I received a nice short letter from Matt Nahorn of Amhesrt. Matt is the
young man who discovered his family was living in the house built by Jacob
Shupe in 1816. Matt and his parents were the most graceful hosts when I visited
the property of my Gr Gr Gr Gr grandparents, Jacob and Catherine Shupe, the
first family in Amherst Township. Matt was kind enough to inform me that they
spent this summer repainting and restoring the old house. I say old, but you
would never believe it will be 190 years old next summer.

Matt has done a wonderful job with his museum. He informs me that the museum
is growing and I certainly am interested in making another visit to see it.
The name of the museum is the New Indian Ridge Museum and is located at the
Nahorn home on Cooper Foster Park Rd. Believe me, I was very impressed with it
when I visited it several years ago.

The Amherst Township Historical Society was working on a project that was
creating a small village of older historical buildings. Can anyone inform me,
with an update, of how this project is going?

This thread: