OHMEIGS-L Archives

Archiver > OHMEIGS > 2000-05 > 0958681379

From: "Richard O. Sommer" <>
Subject: [OHMEIGS] RUMFIELD/RITZ/TAYLOR - ETC.
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:22:59 -0500

I am researching the above surnames. Other connected surnames include the
following: Taylor, Thomas, Davis, Gomer, Mays and many others.

My gggrandfather was Peleg M. Rumfield. Peleg and wife Rachel Pettit and
family lived in Salem Township. Peleg and Rachel and some of their children
are buried in Wright Cemetery. Others from the family are buried in the Coy
Hill cemetery. My ggrandfather was Henry Jonas Rumfield. He married Sarah
Jane Ritz. They continued to live in Salem Township at Briar Ridge and
Vanzant Rds. until the 1940's when my grandfather Olen M. Rumfield purchased
their property. The house is now gone and the coal beltline runs through the
land. One of my cousins still owns a small piece of the land that was not
taken by the beltline. Though there is nothing on it.

I have a lot of information and am certainly willing to share or trade
information with others.

Dick Sommer
Stillwater, MN

This thread: