OHPAULDI-L Archives

Archiver > OHPAULDI > 2011-02 > 1298048451

From: "Tom & Marjie Evans" <>
Subject: [OHPAULDI] Fw: [RIDENOUR] Mathias Ridenour, Allen Co.OH
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:00:51 -0500

Paul and Richard, this is interesting as to it being Mathias Ridenour of
the Jefferson Co. OH Ridenours. The John Ridenour family of early Fairfield
Co. OH moved to Putnam Co. @1827, and some of the Perry Co Ridenours to
Allen Co. These 3 counties, Putnam, Allen & Paulding are all together in
northwest Ohio. It would be nice know which Mathias this is, all info helps
in figuring out these North west Ohio Ridenours.
Marjie

"'Ridenour, Paul'" <>
Sent on: Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:52 PM

> David and Margaret were my 4th great grandparents.
>
> Paul Ridenour

"Rich Sewell Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:19 PM

> This may be Mathias Ridenour b.20 Nov 1813, Jefferson Co, OH. Father was
> David Ridenour b.20 Nov 1775, Hagerstown, MD. mother Margaret Wiles.
>
> Richard Sewell
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Tom & Marjie Evans
> <>wrote:
>

>> Found at:
>> http://www.ohiohistory.org/onlinedoc/civilwar/sa0147/42_08.cfm

>> July 19, 1862
>> R.M. Dyke, Lima, Allen County, Ohio. To the Adjutant General of Ohio.
>> Letter stating that Mathias Ridenour of Paulding County, Ohio desired an
>> order to recruit a company in that county for the regiment to be
>> organized
>> in that district, that Ridenour was a stirring, energetic man, and that
>> in
>> his opinion, Ridenour would succeed in inducing men to go into the
>> service
>> who would not otherwise do so.
>> 1 p. [Series 147-42: 208]

This thread: