OHPICKAW-L Archives

Archiver > OHPICKAW > 2007-06 > 1182378340

From: "Pat Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [OHPICKAW] Clifton Family Of Pickaway Co OH 1810-1850+
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:25:40 -0600

Tammy,
The John VanBuskirk you mention, (son of Michael and Anna Boyd Van Buskirk)
would be the grandson my ancestor John Van Buskirk married to Juda Clifton.
JohnVan Buskirk (the elder) was married first to Jane Workman in Maryland
and they had one child, Michael Van Buslirk In 1807 John Van Buskirk (the
elder) married my ancestress, Juda Clifton and had six more children.

I know nothing of a Susan Clifton. There was more than one family of
Cliftons in Ross and Pickaway Counties Ohio at the same time. I am leaning
toward Benjamin Clifton being the father of my Juda Clifton Van Buskirk. No
proof yet, but perhaps someday I will know for sure.

Juda's brother ( I am assuming here) Job Clifton, married John Van Buskirk's
sister Anna Van Buslirk. So a Van Buskirk brother and sister married a
Clifton brother and sister. Anna Van Buskirk Clifton is still alive in
Pickaway County Ohio in 1850. She is age 60. She is gone by 1860. John
and Anna Van Buskirk (brother and sister) were children of JohnVan Buskirk,
Sr of Maryland who migrated to Ross County Ohio about 1800 or so. I do not
know the name of John Sr.'s wife.

This is a very convoluted family to try to follow. Perhaps you can uncover
some more clues. Hopefully one day we will solve this puzzle.

Pat Johnson