OHPUTNAM-L Archives

Archiver > OHPUTNAM > 2008-05 > 1211601094

From: "Anne Halford" <>
Subject: Re: [OHPUTNAM] index of surnames Frey/Fry included in theFamilyMaps of PutnamCounty
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:51:34 -0400

From: D. McGuire Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 2:40 PM
.............. We have Jacob Frey born 1827 in Chambersburg, Pa and lived
and married Delila Niemeyer in Putman Co, OH.where he lived his adult life.
He died in Andersonville prison in GA during the Civil War. We have not
been able to track his parents.
Jacob and Delilah Frey were married 17 MAR 1850, in Knox Co., Ohio (source:
Knox County, Ohio Probate Court Marriage records, 1808-1951 I don't know
why the wife of Jacob Frey who lived in Putnam Co., Ohio was listed as
"Melissa" In 1860.but a Jacob "Neimire" family lived next door

There is a large genealogical library in Carlisle, PA which might help you
find Jacob Frey's family. It's a nice area for a vacation I think
Shippensburg also has a local history research library.

Anne (Fender) Halford

This thread: