OHRICHLA-L Archives

Archiver > OHRICHLA > 1998-11 > 0911425675

From: "Nancy J. Freehafer" <>
Subject: question about phrase in deed records of Richland co.
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:47:55 -0500

Hi,

I have several deeds that contain one of the following phrases:

in the district of lands subject to sale at Wooster, Ohio
subject to sale at Wooster, Ohio,

but the property is located in Worthington Twp., Richland Co. Wooster is a good distance from Richland co. Also, since Wooster is in Wayne co., and Richland co. and Wayne co. are separated by Ashland co., this seems to be a curious phrase to use in a Richland Co. deed. These deeds are from the 1840s through the 1880s. (I don't have any deeds later than that yet.) Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

Nancy Freehafer

This thread: