OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-03 > 0922061321

From: Maggie Stewart-Zimmerman <>
Subject: Fw: TONKINSON in Springfield, Clark Co.
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:08:41 -0500

FORWARDED MESSAGE - Orig: 21-Mar-99 14:43
Subject: Free Lookup Request
Fred & Dorothy Tonkinson

DATE: 03/21/99

I am trying to get information on:

David Twizelton Tonkinson (my great, great, great grandfather), born
18 February 1844 in Springfield, Dauphin Co., Ohio, died 29 March 1913
in Winfield, Cowley Co., Kansas.

He married Mary Martha Barbara Zimmerman, 30 October 1867 in
Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio. She was the daughter of George Zimmerman and
Barbara Stoner.

They had six (6) children:

Alonzo Powers Tonkinson, born 6 January 1873 in Springfield, Clark Co.,
Ohio, died 27 August 1934.

Harley Aliowishis Tonkinson, born 23 February 1870 in Springfield, Clark
Co., Ohio, died 6 March 1909.

Eva A. Tonkinson, born 18 January 1869 in Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio,
died 20 May 1921, she married Oliver P Fuller, 24 December 1885 in
Winfield, Cowley Co., Kansas.

Mamie E. Tonkinson, born 26 October 1875 in Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio,
died 10 October 1880.

Alice Elle Tonkinson, born 22 December 1877 in Springfield, Clark Co.,
Ohio, died 23 July 1914 in Winfield, Cowley Co., Kansas, was married to
Emre B. Brooks on 28 December 1898 in Winfield, Cowley Co., Kansas. and

Emma Theadosia Tonkinson born 30 January 1886 in Walnut, Cowley Co.,
Kansas, died4 December 1964. She was married to Samual Curtis Hess on 8
May 1906 in Winfield, Cowley Co., Kansas.

The parents of David Twiselton Tonkinson were John Tonkinson born 1816
in Womersley, Yorkshire, England and was married to Elizabeth Powers.

I am trying to locate the parents, relatives with dates and locations
of birth, marriage, and death. If you have any information I would
greatly appreciate it. My wife and I are going to England in September for
a tour with time to research into the Tonkinson genealogy.

Sincerely,

Fred L. Tonkinson
1760 West Stewart Avenue
Medford, Oregon 97501-3912