OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-07 > 0933427258

From: "Kathy Conard" <>
Subject: Re: [OHROOTS-L] Migration of MD, PA, and VA
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 09:20:58 -0400

Mr. Donald Alfier,

First, let me apologize to the list for sending this here. When I
tried to respond only to Mr. Alfier I could only pull up the address
for the list. Felt since he told Maggie to stop this "nonsense" as
this list is "strictly for genealogy" I needed to say, in my humble
opinion.... what I stated before and now IS genealogy!

Boasting, searching, more searching, hunting, discussing, more
searching, chatting, even debating, etc., is genealogy in my humble
opinion.... If we knew where they were, what they were, or how they
got here we really wouldn't need these lists would we......? What do
you call genealogy Mr. Alfier? Is it not.... a "friendly" chat amongst
each other about our early pioneers? Here's the definition for the
list....

When you join the OHROOTS-L Discussion/Mail List, you can share your
research tips, get help from others and discuss ideas on research and
resources for the state.

Is this not what's happening? My address, if you should care to
respond directly to me is: .

I believe this discussion started out about "why" and the "first"
families of Ohio. Is that not genealogy? I said it before and I'll
say it again.

I'm very proud to be eligible to be in the "First Families of Ohio"!

Kathy
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Maggie, could you please stop this nonsense by reminding these people
which list is the "anything goes" list and which is the STRICTLY
genealogy list?