OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0936691835

From: <>
Subject: Re: Search Federal Land Patents: Any other states and/or websites?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 04:10:35 EDT

I have a book "Genealogy Online for Dummies" that says the land records for
the western states are held by the National Archives: www.nara.gov
They also list the following as examples of sites with information on land
records that you can find online. I've only checked the Bureau of Land
Management myself so far, so I can't swear that these sites will be the same,
but these may help some of you.
ARKANSAS: searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/arkland/arkland.pl
IDAHO: www.usroots.com/cpadill/idahogs/fedland.htm
ILLINOIS: www.sos.state.il.us:80/depts/archives/data_lan.html
INDIANA: www.ai.org/icpr/webfile/land/land_off.html
LOUISIANA: searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/laland/laland.pl
OKLAHOMA: www.sirinet.net/~lgarris/swogs/tract.html
SOUTH DAKOTA: members.aol.com/gkrell/homestead/home.html
TENNESSEE: funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~kizzer/genehist/research/landlaws.html
TEXAS: www.glo.state.tx.us/central/arc/index.html
VIRGINIA: www.ultranet.com/~deeds/virg.htm
WISCONSIN: searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/wisconsin/wisconsin.pl

They also mention finding land records in other countries and list the
following sites:
CANADA: www.archives.ca/www/svcs/english/LandRecords.html
ENGLAND: www.rootsweb.com/~genclass/201/gen201_6.htm
IRELAND: www.bess.tcd.ie/irlgen/landrec.htm