OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0936906844

From: Maggie Stewart-Zimmerman <>
Subject: Fw: WHEELER in RIchland/Lorain Co.
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:54:04 -0400

FORWARDED MESSAGE - Orig: 9-Sep-99 10:04
Subject: Free Lookup request

Hi!
I'm trying to research my family and have hit some dead-ends. I can't
believe that my family has fallen off the face of the earth! Is there
anyone out there related to me that can help?!
I am researching two lines of my family: Wheeler and Converse
Edward Wheeler- born June 3, 1779 in PA(What was to become
Allegheny County)died August 23, 1869, Rochester, Ohio
Married to Catharine Cline, born August 12, 1784, died July 14, 1875
in Rochester, OH
Edward came to Ohio in 1816 and settled in Richland county. Moved to
Lorain County in 1821. Had three older sons, John, Lewis and Jacob.In
addition had several daughters and younger sons.
Jacob born 1813 Moontownship PA died 1899 in Rochester, OH
Married to Emily Converse born 1825 died 1882 in Rochester, OH
Emily (Evangeline) was the daughter of Henry(Harrison) Converse of
Connecticut and Mary Mastcroft of Edmond New York. They came to Brighton,
Ohio in approx. 1831 or 1833.
Now, I am stuck! Edward's father was John Jaques Wheeler who came to
the colonies shortly before the Revolution and fought in the Revolutionary
War and Indian Wars. Died in 1821 in Ohio. Am looking for relatives or any
help to trace him back to England. Who was his wife?
Also, I am unable to trace the Converse lines. I have no dates for birth
or death.
I would appreciate any and all help!
Thanks !
Sarah Roznebergs