OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0937238496

From: "Kathy Funk" <>
Subject: Look Up Helping
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:01:36 -0500

I just stumbled into this site today. It is hosted by RootsWeb and is called "Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness". It is a place to receive long distance help or volunteer for that service. Volunteers are asked to limit their legwork to one day per month.

I don't know about you, but I have had so many kind people help me that I feel I owe the genealogical community some help of my own. Living so far away from my roots I have had to depend on others to give me clues or actually visit a place to retrieve much needed information. I can do that here for others. Once a month is a very easy thing to do. So I signed up for Travis County, Texas.

Here is the link for the site. http://www.rootsweb.com/~tnraogk/index.htm I think it would be great if those of us who were able gave just one day a month for others.

Kathy

This thread: