OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0937312648

From: "Rosetta Hotler" <>
Subject: Re: St. Louis, military records fire
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:37:28 -0500

About the fire in regards to military records. I sent for my dads file
and I did recieve a letter telling about the fire, but also included
was copies of some of his records they were charred and black around
the edges, but enough was there to glean when and where he was in
action in New Guiene(sp?) in the South pacific. , his training, units,
etc. So some info can be found in some files even tho they may have
been in the fire.