OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0937729280

From: <>
Subject: census and med. school records of early 1800's?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:21:20 EDT

Hi everyone. I'm trying to locate information on Wilson Lynd. I've found
his name on the 1818 tax index of Lawrence Co., OH, there is a mention of him
in various court records for the county, in Ironton, OH City directory and
even a newspaper article about a Dr. Wilson Lynd. Just this week I found a
Funeral Record of my gr. grandfather's 2nd wife. He is mentioned as having
given flowers at the funeral.
My problem is I can't find any mention of him on census index for any year.
Could anyone explain how or why this might be or give me a direction to
search?
I was also wondering how and where I might look for school records or
information for a doctor of the early 1800s. I believe he may be a brother
of John and William Lynd b. 1783 and 1780 in Ireland, but have been unable to
find any way of linking him to the family, other than his last name. Any
ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Debi

This thread: