OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938238505

From: Don Ronk <>
Subject: TALIAFERRO in OH
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:48:25 +0700

Clermont Co's Stonelick Twp circa 1820-1840 appears to have been a little
hot-bed of TALIAFERROs. One of them, MARY TALIAFERRO, was my
gr-gr-grandmother. She married Elias NUTT on 8 Apr 1834 in Clermont and
began a line of progeny that made it to San Joaquin Co CA by 1861.
Unfortunately, Mary died about 1851 in Polk Co IA, leaving leaving few
traces outside those in the gene pool. I'm trying to rectify that. Mary
reportedly had a sister, SARAH, who married a brother of Elias Nutt. The
brother's name was JAMES NUTT. (It is possible the TALIAFERRO women were
cousins, rather than sisters, but both were from Clermont Co, as were the
NUTT brothers.) I'm looking for the connection between the TALIAFERRO women
and their Taliaferro parents and siblings in Clermont. Any information
would be gratefully accepted and reciprocated if at all possible. Don Ronk

This thread: