OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938356616

From: <>
Subject: Children of William THOMAS
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:36:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone. I have a bit of a problem that I hope someone can help me
with. I am researching my THOMAS family and there is a William THOMAS
who was born on December 19, 1778 in Frederick, Frederick Co. Maryland.
His parents were Christian THOMAS and Susannah BEHR. William's wife was
Catherine HOUSER. William died on Janunary 19, 1843 in Monroe Twp.
Madison Co. Ohio and is buried in Bradley Cemetery. The problem I am
having is finding out who his children were. I have 2 seperate sources
with 2 sets of children. Source #1 states that William & Catherine's
children were---

Susannah b.1807
Catherine b. 1816
William
Caroline

Source #2 has William's children listed as--

William b. 1802
Leonard b. 1804
Elizabeth b. 1806

Source #1 got their information about William's children from a book
that I understand had incorrect information about William. I never
received an answer if the information on William's children was correct.
Source #2 has done a lot of research on the THOMAS family and states she
cannot find any actual proof William is the father of William, Leonard &
Elizabeth THOMAS but she believes he probably is their father. William
is buried next to the woman we believe to be his daughter, Elizabeth
THOMAS TILLMAN, in Bradley Cemetery. If anyone has any infomation on
this William THOMAS and his children PLEASE contact me. Thanks.

Jean

This thread: