OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938697859

From: <>
Subject: Re: Tombstone inscriptions.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:24:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/99 12:49:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

<< A cousin in Seneca County is going to the graveyard to try to photograph
an old tombstones from the late 1700, early 1800. The inscriptions are very
dim. Is there something we can use to make the inscription stand out?
Ginger

Ginger,

Sometimes spraying the tombstone with water will help to bring the
inscription out. Also, I have found cloudy days to be the best days to take
tombstone pictures.

Another possibility is to do a rubbing of the inscription.

Joyce

This thread: