OHROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > OHROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938699623

From: "kanemj" <>
Subject: Re: Tombstone inscriptions.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:53:43 -0400

Ginger, I have heard some people rub shaving cream into the lettering to fill up the indentures then rub off the excess. Take the picture and the lettering shows up white. A little more water will wash the shaving cream right off, no dammage done. Of course this only works if the stone has 'cut out ' lettering and dates.
Mary
P.S. There are a few websites with instructions for Tombstone Rubbings too.