OHSHELBY-L ArchivesArchiver > OHSHELBY > 2003-02 > 1044346346
Subject: [OHSHELBY] OHShelby roll call
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 03:12:34 EST
I am researching the Coon and Burton Names. David Coon and Lucy Burton Coon
came to Shelby Co. from Pickaway Co. OH around 1817.
David and Lucy Coon had the following children:
1.David born 1807 married Mary Bush. Nothing further known of them
2. Catherine born 1812 died 13 July 1849 in Miami Co. OH of Cholera married
to Jeremiah Gump. Her husband and 2 of the children died on Aug 2, 1849
presumably of the same disease.
3. Nancy Coon married to Anthony S. Davenport
4. Elizabeth Coon who also died of cholear in July 1849 married to Charles
5. George W. Coon born 1817 married to Martha Jervis. Served in the Mexican
War. Nothing further is known of him. Have never been able to locate him in
the census after 1870. Too many George Coons in the state of Ohio!!
6. Alfred Coon (my direct line) born 26 June 1819 in Shelby Co and died 16
May 1890 in Ft. Scott Bourbon Co. Ks while visiting his sons there. He
married Elizabeth Frankenberger who died in Shelby Co. OH.
7. Joshua Nelson Coon born 1821 in Shelby Co. and died 15 Oct 1897 in
Champaign Co. Illinois. Married Eliza Baltzell (mispelled in the marriage
record books as Spolser).
8. John W. Coon born 1822 in Shelby Co. Oh and died May 1902. Married 1st
Adeline Drain and second Catherine Moore. Had a daughter Jennie by 1st
marriage but do not know what happened to her. She was 16 in the 1870
census. His son William Coon moved to El Reno OK where he died in 1940.
Lucy Burton Coon's brother Bazzel/Basil Burton also moved to Shelby Co. He
was married to Eleanor Cole. One of Basil and Eleanors daughters, Lucy,