OHSUMMIT-L Archives

Archiver > OHSUMMIT > 2003-02 > 1044771005

Subject: [OHSUMMIT-L] Fire In Akron
Date: 8 Feb 2003 23:10:05 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/DYB.2ACE/1634

Message Board Post:

Although this may be an impossible search I am hoping someone may know where to look. In 1942 there was a terrible fire where a mother and her two children burned to death in the town of Akron. It is said her husband escaped and watched as they burned. All I know is her name was Edith and she was in her twenties or early thirties. I do know her maiden name was Walker and that she was born in Virginia and her mothers Name was Laura Lee Eppes Walker and her fathers name was Henry Allen Walker. Please if anyone knows of this or can find out for me I would be forever grateful. Thank You Jo

This thread: