OHSUMMIT-L Archives

Archiver > OHSUMMIT > 2003-02 > 1045518981

Subject: [OHSUMMIT-L] Re: City Directories
Date: 17 Feb 2003 14:56:21 -0700

Surnames: Haack, Camp, Witner
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/DYB.2ACE/1606.2.1

Message Board Post:

Melissa, thank you for the offer. I am trying to find information on an Edmund Haack/Hacke. He was a German/Prussian who emigrated to the US after the birth of a daughter, Hettie, who was born abt 1847. I can place Hettie in Summit County by 1864 when her first daughter was born to she and her husband, William Witner of Norton Township, Summit County.

Therefore, I assume Edmund Haack had to have been living in Summit County in the early 1860s. However, I can not find him until his probate records were presented in 1878. By then, the only family members left to Edmund were his stepson, Ferdinand Camp, and his two grandchildren by Hettie. Can you try to locate him in the City Directories?

This thread: