OHTUSCAR-L Archives

Archiver > OHTUSCAR > 1999-04 > 0923064456

From: "Richard Steele" <>
Subject: [OHTUSCAR-L] Arnold/Bradshaw
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:47:36 -0600

Solomon Arnold m. Barbara Stonebrook c1820 in Jefferson Co., PA.
Children:

Hickman m. Martha Jane Garroe Sept 22,1842
Dorcas m. Joseph Bradshaw Dec 22,1842
Rebecca m. Absolum Kent Mar 30, 1842
Barbara Ellen m. Reuben Foster April 25, 1852
Peree (m. William "J.W." Bradshaw)
David Eli (m. Eliza Jane Steel)
Mary Ann (d. 2 yrs.)
Sarah Jane (m. Daniel Swearingen)
Eli (m. Julia Cre(a)ger)
Drusilla (m. David Baldwin)
Jacob (m. Mahalie S. Lathrum)

My Arnold/Bradshaw line came to Iowa from Tuscarawas Co. Ohio about
1855. They lived in Ohio Twp. Madison Co. Iowa. My understanding I
have two Steele's a brother and sister of my g grandfather married
into this Arnold/Bradshaw line. Eliza Steel married David Arnold in
Iowa 1856. Her brother John Steel married Barbara Bradshaw the
daughter of William and Peree Arnold Bradshaw in Iowa 1864. Many
family members are buried in Young and Hartman cemeteries near Truro
in Ohio Twp. Madison Co.

I have only looked at the census index 1850 Ohio. Will search the
census this weekend.

Thanks for any help

Richard Steele

This thread: