OHWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > OHWASHIN > 2004-03 > 1080225533

Subject: [OHWASH] Melissa E Crawford Rose Obit July 18, 1919
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:38:53 EST

July 18, 1919

Mrs. Melissa E. Rose

Mrs. Melissa E Rose, wife of the late I. R. Rose, passed away at her home in
Coal Run, Wednesday morning at eight o’clock. Her death came unexpectedly,
having suffered a stroke of paralysis on Tuesday, from which she never rallied.
Some three years she suffered a similar stroke and it is thought that she
never fully recovered from the effects of this.
Mrs. Rose was a good Christian woman and had been a member of the Coal Run M.
E. Church practically all of her life.
She was born near Coal Run on November 26, 1849, and all her life was spent
in this county. Mrs. Rose was the daughter of Mr. And Mrs. John Crawford.
On September 8. 1867, she was united in marriage with I. R. Rose, and the
following children were born to his union Leslie and Prentice Rose, of Coal Run;
Denver C of Tulsa, Oklahoma; Foster Rose, Mrs. J. C. Crooks and Mrs. Robert
Mitchell, of Marietta; and Mrs. A. L. Burrows. Mr. Rose and Mrs. Burrows both
died in the year 1916.
Services were held at the Coal Run M. E. Church on Thursday afternoon July 17
at one o’clock, and the remains laid to rest in Round Bottom Cemetery.
Sympathy is extended the bereaved children in their sorrow

Linda

This thread: