OKCREEK-L Archives

Archiver > OKCREEK > 1998-08 > 0903751697

From: <>
Subject: Re: [OKCREEK-L] Creek County roll call
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:08:17 EDT

I, too, am a Bennett. I hope to get started on that line of my family
sometime.
I grew up in the Olive area. My grandparents (Bennett) and great-grandparents
(Bennett) were in the run and settled in the Stillwater area (Ripley,
Stillwater, Perkins). Some are buried in the Perkins cemetery. Some moved on
to Cushing (some are buried in the Cushing cemetery) and then my grandparents
moved to the Olive area. One Bennett was a one-armed gentleman, who was a
postman out of the Bristow-Olive area. My father was John Bennett, a
musician/ran a country grocery store between Olive & Mannford/and a farmer.
He and my mother are buried in the Oilton cemetery. Does this sound like any
of the Bennett line you are researching?

This thread: