OKGREER-L Archives

Archiver > OKGREER > 1999-10 > 0940285535

From: "Daena Jaramillo" <>
Subject: Elisha MORGAN
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:25:35 -0700

Hello listers:

I am looking for the birth place and/or parents of Elisha MORGAN.

I obtained a copy of his WW I draft registration and it gives his birth date as 18 Oct 1881, but not a place of birth.

I checked the 1900 Soundex for TN and KY and did not find him in either one.

He moved to Greer County Oklahoma from Kentucky in about 1907, and worked as a farmer.

He is listed in the 1910 and 1920 Greer Co, OK census, birth place is given as TN; father's birth place TN; mother's birth place KY or TN.

He married Minnie CAPPS, daughter of David L. and Mary Jane (Short) CAPPS of Cumberland Co, KY. in Cumberland Co. about 1903. No marriage record has been found.

Elisha and Minnie had six children: Ethel b. 1904, Cumberland Co. KY; Audrey b. 1906, Cumberland Co. KY; Austin b. 1907, Greer Co, OK; Doxie b. 1910, Greer CO, OK; Kate b. 1916, Greer Co,OK; Creal b. 1918, Greer Co, OK

He died in Mangum, Greer Co. OK on 27 Jul 1932. I have obtained a copy of his death record, and a copy of the funeral home records, and the only information they contain is his name, age, and death date. I also know that Elisha is buried in the Granite City Cemetery, Granite, OK

Does anyone have a suggestion of where I might look next or if there are any records I may have overlooked?

Thank you

Daena Jaramillo

This thread: