OKLEFLOR-L Archives

Archiver > OKLEFLOR > 1998-01 > 0886079791

From: <>
Subject: [OKLEFLOR-L] Greetings-long
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:16:31 +0000

Hi

My name is Lee Blomquist. My Father Jimmie L. JACKSON was born in Spiro
14 Sep 1934. I do not know when our first family member acutally
arrived in LeFlore Co but the earliesT known death was Solomon Deweese
in 1880. We found him in the Skullyville Indian Cemetary.

My OK family is as follows.

My Dad
My Grand Father Obel Thomas JACKSON Born 2Feb 1902 in Brent OK Died 11
Dec 1973 in Jackson CA He married Allie WINCHESTER (born 12 Feb 1912 in
LeFlore Co and still living) on 29 Sep 1929 in LeFlore Co.

Obel's parents were Thomas Jefferson JACKSON(B. 25 May 1874 D.11 Jun
1942 in Spiro burried in New Hope) and Missouri Anne DEAN (B. 17 Jun
1875 in Ark D. 20 Jun 1943 in Spiro and burried in New Hope)

Allie's parents were Erven WINCHESTER (b.1 Dec 1872 in MS D. 31 jan 1963
in Spiro burried in New Hope) and Mary Elizabeth(Lizzie) JONES (B. 20
Aug 1876 in Houston, Mo and D. 6 Feb 1961 in Spiro and burried in New
Hope)

I need more information on Thomas Jefferson JACKSON's parents Richard
JACKSON and Cassie LINKSTON . Also Missouri Anne DEAN's Parents Elias
Robbird DEAN and Martha SKINNER

Erven WINCHESTER(sometimes listed as Irving) is a mystery man and I
have no reliable info on his parents or where he was born.

I know the most about Allie's side of the family. Mary Elizabeth's
father was Wilie (Wylie) JONES (b. 6 May 1856 D. 22 Feb 1922 in Spiro
burried in New Hope) His father was John Jones (b 1805 in Cherolkee Co
NC and D 1880 Texas Co, MO) Wilie married Miranda DEWEESE (b. 1842 d.
1888 in Texas Co Mo) on 20 Fe b 1876. Miranda's Father was the above
mentioned Solomon Deweese. Her mother was Mary Ann FLANNERY (b 16 Mar
1817 in Livingston Co, Ky and D. 3 Nov 1857 in Texas Co. Mo) The
Flannery's were early homesteaders in Johnson Co., IL and possibly
received a spanish land grant in that county.

This has been long and I hope you were able to follow it. If you need
more info on any of these names or have info on them let me know.

I have photos of the graves that are in LeFlore Co, from a trip my
parents and I made there a few years ago. We found the Library that is
there to be quite good and found lots of information.

Happy hunting,

Lee

This thread: