OLD-ENGLISH-L Archives

Archiver > OLD-ENGLISH > 2009-01 > 1232429507

From: <>
Subject: [OEL] Questions from a Newbee
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 0:31:47 -0500

I am new to genealogy research and so the mistakes I'm making are teaching me a lot. However, it's also costing me a log. LOL!

I purchased three Wills from the National Archives of London, each date to the early 1600's. It never occured to me that these things would be in Old English, or "court hand." So, I spent all that money and can't read what I've purchased. I need some assistance in some way. I have looked at numerous websites that are supposed to give tutoirals, etc.. I still can't make heads or tails out of them.

Any suggestions? I'm open to anyone's suggestions who have more experience than I do with this stuff. Thanks for your consideration.

Tom Atkinson
Union City, TN. USA

This thread: