OLD-FREDERICK-CO-VA-L Archives

Archiver > OLD-FREDERICK-CO-VA > 1997-09 > 0874641522

From: Michael Little <>
Subject: Re: Michael RITENOUR d.abt 1825 Frederick Co, VA
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 20:58:42 -0700

Three of the sons of my ancestor Adam Little (Klein) married the
daughters of Michael Ritenour of Frederick County, VA.

1.) My g-g-g grandfather John Little married Elizabeth Ritenour 06 Mar
1806

2.) John's brother Martin married Sarah Ritenour 17 Jun 1819

3.) John's brother Jacob married Polly Ritenour 31 Dec 1808.

I have tons of information on these lines. These sons of Adam Little
started migrating to Greene County, Ohio after Adam's death in 1812.
They were followed also by a whole lot of Ritenours.I have info on these

also.

I recently received another bit of information from another researcher ,

which conflicts with my information. I was told that Michael's
(Ritenour) wife Catherine was Adam Little's daughter Catherine,,but I
have some credible documentation that Catherine Little, daughter of
Adam, married Isaac Oldacre of Frederick County. If Michael's wife
Carherine was a Little, then it was probably another Catherine Little.
But we will have to study that some more, I think.

I would like to have the article on the Kern family and the others as
well. I will be happy to send what I have to all who would like it.
I will send my snail address in separate post to avoid giving it out to
spammers and junk mailers who lurk on the internet :)

Michael Little

Wilmer L. Kerns wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I have published an article on the Kern family (local newspaper). If
> you
> want a copy, give me your snail address. The article deals with Adam
> Kern
> Sr. (1730-1799) and two generations of his descendants. One of his
> sons was
> Adam Kern Jr. who married Margaret Ritenour. Kernstown was named for
> Adam
> Jr. Also, I have done some research on Samuel Sample, but cannot
> retrieve
> it at this time without extensive searching. I'm sure that you're
> familiar
> with the Albin book by Ethel Albin of Sabetha, Kansas. If not, send me
> note that you would like to have her address.
>
> Wilmer L. Kerns
>
> At 05:09 PM 9/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Does any on have further information Michael RITENOUR whose will was
> proved
> >November 1825? He had wife Catherine and children Nancy wife of
> Samuel
> >SAMPLE, Catherine wife of William ALBIN, Margaret (m Adam KERN 18
> May
> >1807), Elizabeth LITTLE, Polly LITTLE, Christiania wife of Joseph
> THOMAS,
> >Daniel RITENOUR, Sarah RITENOUR, Susannah RITENOUR, and Michael P.
> >RITENOUR.
> >
> >Thanks, Jim Scofield
> >
> >Researching: SHRYOCK, YOST, FINKBINE, NEWCOMB, KERN, LAWYER, RITTER,
> and
> >DAILEY of Frederick Co.

This thread: