OLDS-L Archives

Archiver > OLDS > 2006-01 > 1138065828

From: "Leslie Vaughn" <>
Subject: RE: [OLDS-L] William Jolly OLDS
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:23:48 -0500

I descend from William Olds born 1799 in New York. He and his children from
his 2nd wife moved to Wisconsin.

He was married at least twice. The name of his first wife is unknown. They
had two sons, Henry and Ezra. Ezra was born in 1824 and stayed in New York
and died there in 1917. The fate of Henry is unknown. He was born about
1822. I cannot find him on any census record.

William's 2nd wife is my 3rd great grandmother. Her name was Maretta
Damaris Jackson. She was born in 1805. She moved with William to Wisconsin
and died in Caledonia Wisconsin in 1863. I don't know anything else about
her other than being William's wife and the mother of the majority of his
children.

Family legend says William married a 3rd time, but I have no information to
show that he did.

William died in 1897 in Rice Lake. He was 98 years old.

William and Maretta's children were all born in Oxford NY
Edward Clark b. 1830 died 1835
James Dwight b. 1832 died 1924 in Tampa, Florida. James is the one who
first went to Wisconsin and his parents and siblings came a year or two
later--about 1854
George Harmon b. 1834 died in 1905 in Whitehall Wisconsin
Aruba Fannie b. 1836 died 1906 in Centralia Washington
Loren William b 1838 died 1928 in Caledonia Wisconsin
Albert Marion b 1843 died 1913 in Rice Lake Wisconsin (he is my 2nd great
grandfather)
Maria Jeanette b. 1845 died 1933 in Portland, Oregon
Jane Angeline b.1847 died 1922 in Baraboo, Wisconsin (she spent some time in
Sarasota Florida. He daughter married one of the Ringling Brothers)
Mary Ellathea b. 1848 died 1849

Loren, Albert and George served in the Civil War

I have info on some of the descendants and more details about all of them.
I have information about William's parents, but none of it is substantiated
and I would like more about them.

If anyone needs more information, let me know. I would like any additions
or corrections.

Thanks

Leslie