ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2003-07 > 1058282364

From: "Lorna Johnston" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LDS-GREN] James Smith
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:21:07 -0700

Hi Ellie;
I looked in the 1881 census of Brockville and found Catherine Connell and
her family as follows-
Jane Connell age 52 RC b. Ireland a widow
James 24 Ont. moulder
Sarah 21 servant
Kate 20
Henry 11

From The Old Catholic Cemetery, Brockville
Henry Joseph Connell 1867 - 1949
His wife Ellen V. Maher 1872 - 1960

James Connell died Aug. 2,1898 aged 41 years
Erected by his loving sisters.

Are these Catherine's brother? There were no stones for any other Connells.

From St.Francis Xavier records;
Sarah Connell daughter of Hugh Connell and Catherine Elliott mar. Nov.
19,1883 to John St.Andrews. ( this may not be the same family but mother's
name could be Catherine Jane. Just a thought)