ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2004-01 > 1075596342

From: "Sandy Wunder" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LDS-GREN] Athens Yonge history
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:45:42 -0700

Hi Leslie,

If you haven't already done so, you might want to contact the Grenville
County Historical Society to see if they have any info on your families.
Their website address is: http://web.ripnet.com/~gchs/ They are a great
group of people and very willing to help. They keep a file on Grenville Co.
families and have many other resources in their library at Prescott.

In addition, I indexed land records for Grenville Co. from about 1790-1850
and donated the database to the Leeds & Grenville Branch of the Ontario
Genealogical Society. It was published in book form last year and they have
it for sale. There are several Main's in the index--James, Thomas, Matthew,
John Sr. & Jr., William, and Zadock P. Also an Alexander and a Michael
Story, as well as a Michael Woolery.

Sandy