ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2008-04 > 1207337065

From: Mickey Derrig <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE] Fairbairns of Edwardsburg
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:24:25 -0700 (PDT)

I did a search of "History of Leeds and Grenville" by Thad W.H. Leavitt but did not find a mention of the Fairbairns family. You can search the book at the following site:

http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx?id=876

I did find a mention on the Fairbairns in "A History of the Township of Edwardsburg" which is available at the same site:

http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=1082283

You might also want to contact the Grenville County Historical Society. They have some family history narratives and were very helpful.

Good luck.
Mickey

wrote:
I know that there is a book about some of the early families in the area.
If someone can copy the information about the Fairbairns I would be very
grateful.

I am not sure if this is a book about Prescott, Edwardsburg or Spencerville.
All three places are noted on B/M/D records so I suspect that they are all
very close. The Fairbairns were there about 1850. They were a large family
and for the most part stayed there for a long time. I believe that James was
born in Scotland but his children were all born once in Ontario. I think
that James had several siblings who also had families in the area.

I had the name of the book years ago and just can't find it. Does anyone
know of such a book?

Bonnie
in California