ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2009-09 > 1253033214

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE] Maloney Ancestry - Wolford Twp,Grenville Co, Ont
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:46:54 -0000

Author: FraserForrest
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario.grenvilleleeds/7619.5.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Sheila,

I tried your e-mail but it bounced. No, I haven't found any more info on the Maloneys - to tell the truth I've been concentrating on my Forrest side. I have no information as to when they arrived in Canada. Is it possible that Cork was just their point of departure. I don't think they came with the Peter Robinson settlers. Possibly they came to work on the Rideau canal, which would have been in the mid 1820s. The fact that they belonged to the Anglican Church should set them apart from the majority of the Irish immigrants from Cork (I think that the Robinson settlers were Roman Catholic).

Cheers,

Fraser Forrest

Important Note: