ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2012-02 > 1328452836

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE] Cowdrey/Mclellan
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:40:36 -0000

Author: LynndaS
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario.grenvilleleeds/8142.3.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sharron,

I had the info wrong on the 4 mewn that died in the boat in Ontario.

Info from Kea Public Library newspaper site in Nebraska:

Mon, Mar 30, 1903; pg 2
Four men were drowned at Bass Lake, Ont. Thursday, William Nichol, James McClellan, Hugh MCcallum and H. Boulton were fishing in a leaking flat boat, when it sank.

I take it that the McClellans were related to the Mcclellan in the Elm Creek area.
Lynnda

Important Note: