ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE > 2012-02 > 1328456389

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-LEEDS-GRENVILLE] Cowdrey/Mclellan
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:39:49 -0000

Author: shobbsie
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario.grenvilleleeds/8142.3.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Good morning, Lynnda,
The Cowdreys moved from the area of Renfrew Co., Ontario Canada. I need to check my notes as I'm looking at two possible Agnes McLellans (sometimes spelled McClellan or McClellen)and James is a frequent name in one family line.

Georges name was not on Agnes' death certificate. Her marital status was listed as widowed. Their youngest son, David, provided the information for the certificate.

George Washington Cowdrey Jr. is my maternal Great Grandfather. My mother's maiden name is Cowdrey.George's son, my grandfather Charley, moved to Platte County, Missouri around 1889. He married in 1996 and divorced sometime between then and 1900 (going by census and that I found his first wife's second marriage registration filed in 1898); then met my Grandmother and married her in 1906. My Grandfather died when my Mom was five, so her memories of him/his family are few. She just turned 94 this past February.

You know, I just remembered that the name "McCallum" is the maiden name of one of the Grandmothers of the same Agnes McLellan family I mentioned with the first name of James. There is a scotch tradition of nameing children.

Thank you so much for giving me a direction to investigate. First stop is the Kearney, NE news site. My Mom doesn't do well when I'm away for any period of time (read into this more than one day). This summer I plan to get away for a couple of days and head to that area of Nebraska (I live in Kansas, only about 3-4 hours away)and delve into some records.
I noticed you have two n's in your name. I have two r's. My Mom wanted my name to be different. It's not that big of deal. I guess I should be thankful she didn't name me Moon Unit (as in Frank Zappa's daughter) or something.

Sharron
Sharron

Important Note: