ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2012-05 > 1336836909

From: Marg McFarlane <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Obituaries in Sudbury newspapers
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:35:09 -0600

Hi:

I looked in the Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail just in case and
found only this one:

>From The Toronto Star, Monday, April 29, 1963:

WOODS, Marion A. – At Sudbury Memorial Hospital, Friday, April 26,
1963, Marion A. Shane, beloved wife of Hercules Woods of Sudbury, dear
mother of Rev. Cecil S. Woods, Brownsburg, QU; dear sister of John,
Toronto. Resting at Jackson & Barnard funeral home, 233 Larch Street,
Sudbury. Service in St. Andrews’ United Church Monday afternoon at 2
o’clock. Interment in Park Lawn Cemetery, Sudbury.

Note that you have a death date of April 28 but the obit in the Star
does say she died April 26.

Try emailing the Sudbury library here:

http://tinyurl.com/83sdhs5

and quote:

Title: Obituary. --

Source Sudbury Star.
Date August 17, 1983.
Description p. 15 : port.
Format Newspaper article.
Subject Woods, Cecil S.
Fontaine, Corona (née Houle)
Num. Index 19830817

Ask them if they could please scan and email the article, or
transcribe and email it if it's not too long, or, if they can't, give
them your snail-mail address. It may cost a small amount,
particularly if they have to snail-mail it.

Marg in Sunny Alberta