ORANGEBURGH_SC-L Archives

Archiver > ORANGEBURGH_SC > 2004-08 > 1093106012

Subject: 1700s/BROOKER-MYRICK/Orangeburg/Winton/Barnwell
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:33:32 EDT

Good morning,

I am writing to inquire as to whether anyone has made any progress in finding
out information on the parents and ancestry of my paternal 4th great
grandmother:

Mary BROOKER, b: abt. 1745 in Orangeburg District, South Carolina, who
married James MYRICK, (PS/Rev. War,) born: Abt. 1740 in Orangeburgh District, South
Carolina, died: May 27, 1814 in Barnwell County, South Carolina. (I descend
from their son, William MYRICK, who married Elizabeth PIERCE, and moved to
Alabama/Mississippi.)

In my information, I show that Mary BROOKER was the daughter of ? ?,
(mother's name unknown,) and the (Reverend) John BROOKER, born: Abt. 1725 in England,
and was probably an immigrant along with 3 other siblings:

(1.) (Female) BROOKER, b: Abt. 1760, md: William EDENFIELD, Sr., b: 1766,
d: 1837, (who also married Barbara SAVAGE,) (William EDENFIELD was the son of
Elizabeth CREAMER and Thomas EDENFIELD, Sr.,) and (Female) BROOKER and William
EDENFIELD, Sr. were the parents: Hiram A. EDENFIELD, William Nix EDENFIELD,
and Tabitha EDENFIELD.

(2.) Joseph BROOKER, Sr., b: Abt. 1744, d: February 1817 in Barnwell
County, South Carolina, md: Mary EDENFIELD, b: December 1746, md: Abt. 1769, (d/o
Elizabeth CREAMER and Thomas EDENFIELD, Sr.,) and children of Joseph BROOKER,
Sr. and Mary EDENFIELD were: Ellender BROOKER, William BROOKER, and Joseph
BROOKER

(3.) William BROOKER, b: Abt. 1740

(4.) John BROOKER, (Reverend) (shown above as father of Mary BROOKER.)

Any help with this information would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bellinda Myrick-Barnett

This thread: