ORCADIA-L Archives

Archiver > ORCADIA > 2006-06 > 1151347456

Subject: new bookstore in Stromness?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:44:16 -0400

When my husband toured South America last fall with a group of steam
train fans, he met a man who was thinking of opening a new and used
bookstore in Stromness. Has this happened? If so, what is the name
and address of the store? and the man's name and email too, if anyone
knows it.

Speaking of books, I forwarded to my daughter information about the new
children's Orkney folk story book mentioned on this site. She googled
it and found it was only available in Orkney, but it didn't take very
long to arrive in Michigan. The internet has indeed made this a flat
world. My granddaughter turns three today, and they are enjoying the
book.

Janice Langland
and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

This thread: