OREGON-L Archives

Archiver > OREGON > 2005-12 > 1135275505

From: "Will" <>
Subject: Re: [OREGON] Indian Chiefs
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:18:25 -0800

This is very interesting as I never heard of them. I am from Chief or
King Haigler of the 1700's Catawba Indians. My 6th grt grandmother is
said to have been a dau. but I haven't found the proof I want as yet. The
Catawba's were in N C and were friendly with whites. My grandmother was
Effie Cora Brannan a twin b in May 1883 in Bend, Ore. and descends from
Jonathon Barrett and Jar Fly Jarman by way of their dau. Bathsheba
Barrett. Jonathon lived at foot of Barrett's Mt. which was named after him
in NC. in 1700's.
Maxine Wilton