OREGON-L Archives

Archiver > OREGON > 2008-03 > 1206301871

From: "Will" <>
Subject: Re: [OREGON] Yeah, we lived in a one roon cabin
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:51:11 -0700

AH ha;
Many of us are not alone. I and my returned vet spouce (from Normandy Beach
head in a tank, ( 1st of 5 survived in) to Segfreid line, to hospital then
home with 2 pieces of srapnal still in his back) lived in a 1 room to a 16 ft
camp trailer with our 2 yr. old dau. all 2 winter's in Ia. had an kerosene stove
to fill every day. No bathroom.
I had 10 diaper's for her made out of an old worn out flannel sheet blanket. when
came home from hosp. to 1 room, no bathrom Cabin.
in 1947.-1949.
Maxine